Monday, March 29, 2010

Spanx - A Scam - I Think So!

I received an e-mail from a friend telling me that Spanx by Sara Blakely was having a one day promotion. They were selling the Bra-llelujah $62 bras for only $4.95, the cost of shipping. It was an online offer. You were supposed to put the code "LaurieannBRA" in the code section when ordering your bra. Wow, what a deal. I e-mailed my 3 daughters and told them about this great deal, then I went online and ordered my bra. Sure enough, I paid with my debit card and my order for a $62 dollar bra for $4.95 went through. I got a confirmation and a thank you e-mail for my order. All was well until the next day, when I got an e-mail from Spanx thanking me for my order, but telling me that there was a mistake. The code, LaurieannBRA, was a private code to be used by the CEO of the company for her personal use, but the code leaked out and they could not fulfill all the orders for free bras that had come in, however, they would be happy to give me 30% off on my next order, as long as I ordered it by April 4th. Very disappointing and even worse, the $4.95 had been deducted from my debit account. Hmmmm - suspicious, a scam? Yes, I think so and even if this were a legitimate mistake, at the end of the day Spanx should have honored the orders. This was no fault of mine or any of the other people that ordered. It was the fault of sloppy management.

No comments:

Post a Comment