Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Castro Valley Hwy 580 Fiasco

Whoever designed the new Highway 580, Center Street, Crow Canyon, Grove Way exit in Castro Valley, CA must have had his head up his gluteus maximus. I don't profess to be a highway expert, but I am a highway traveler and every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:55 a.m. I am on that exit. There is a traffic back up coming down Grove Way, a traffic back up on the exit turning onto Grove Way, due to cars blocking the intersection. In general it is a misguided, snarled traffic mess.
I am willing to listen to an explanation of why the old, Crow Canyon exit was closed, but for now, I cannot find one redeeming feature in the new plan. At the end of the day, traffic is worse, fender benders are causing blocked traffic, which in turn breeds angry, late commuters.

No comments:

Post a Comment